Monday, May 25, 2009

Movies, Car, and Garden Mostly...

It's been a little over 3 weeks since my last post on May 3rd. Nothing exciting really going on, I have mostly been spending time on my container gardening.

May 8th - My plants keep growing.


May 9th - My plants keep growing but there's something eating the eggplant leaves. Took a picture of this insect. Do you know what it is?


May 10th - My plants keep growing and took a photo of some worms or larvae that are/were on one of the containers. Do you know what it is?


May 16th - Made pizza, used my first ounce or so of Sweet Basil that I have growing indoors by the kitchen windowsill.


May 17th - Discovered a brown colored bird dug around my containers in search of seeds/worms and although my main plants(tomato, zucchini, eggplant) were not damaged, it did destroy my just sprouted Sweet Basil, Cornflower from Buzzy Seeds, and my tree seedling. So I wrapped chicken wire around the containers, but not on the top so the bird still was able to fly in through the top.

May 18th - I got off work early, drove to Lowe's to purchase bird netting. After shopping my car did not start. Called a tow truck, who towed me from the store to my house for just under US $100. Cut a piece of bird netting and threw it over my plants.

May 19th - Called out from work, jump started my car, and drove it to get fixed. It would need to stay overnight and be fixed the next mid-morning. Secured and properly arranged the bird netting around my plants with twist ties.

May 20th - Picked up my now fixed car mid-morning, just under $900 for repairs. Arrived 10 minutes late to work. Verified that the bird netting worked in keeping away the bird or birds. Watched the American Idol finale and afterwards Glee, one of my new must watch shows.



May 23rd - Movie day. Watched a documentary called Abel Raises Cain, then X-Men Origins: Wolverine, later Ready? Ok!

May 24th - Movie Day plus gardening. Watched Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, then The War, Later Superhero Movie. I also planted some new Buzzy Seeds. Basil seeds around my tomatoe plants and Wildflower Seeds for Butterfly Garden.

No comments: