Monday, June 17, 2024

TV Converter Box Coupon Program!


=========================
From July 8, 2008
=========================

TV Converter Box Coupon Program! 

These are photos that I took of the coupon cards that were received as part of the TV Converter Box Coupon Program.

Some of you may not remember or perhaps are too young to have even gone through this, but there was a time when televisions weren't digital.

Back when the TV signals were changing to digital, there was a program that you could apply for to get two coupons to use towards the purchase of two Digital Converter Boxes. This was so that those of us who didn't have digital televisions could still use our old TVs and be able to get the local digital channels. 

These are the two coupons/cards that I received. Took a photo of them on 8th of July of 2008 before going to the store to get my digital converter boxes.

I'm fairly sure that I still have the digital converter boxes in their original boxes in a storage box somewhere. Once located, I may make a short unboxing of them.  

Audio: The first few seconds of "I Believe In A Thing Called Love" By The Darkness, slowed down in order to create a bit of static type effect. To this I stacked, "Static From Radio Via RCA Cassette Player" recorded by Myself/Elkirbster from Amalgam Creative Arts, in order to add another layer of static to give that TV static type effect. 

Random thought/question, does anybody else find static relaxing?


No comments: