Thursday, April 17, 2008

Fun in the sun...


Past couple weekends have been sunny, and I've been out volunteering. My face got a bit sunburned.

April 5th I helped at a local school in the setup for their American Cancer Society Relay for Life event for about 5 hours. I helped setting up the trash cans, decorations, arrangements, tables, kids play area, snack area, and white chocolate covered strawberry tray, as well as a gofer to several people.

April 11th I helped the Phoenix Pride with their last minute things for close to 5 hours. I got to distribute many cases sodas to the various vending locations and water to the stages. Then I helped rearrange cases of liquor and beer that had fallen over in the truck they came in. Lastly, I helped with marking, painting and glittering for the Phoenix Pride Float.

April 12th went to the Phoenix Pride Parade. I was super excited when I saw the Phoenix Pride float. After the Parade, went inside the Festival and walked all over the place, to almost every booth and stage.

April 13th I helped the JDRF at the Phoenix Zoo. The Juvenile Diabetic Research Foundation was presenting a research and update meeting to parents. During this time I was assigned 3 kids, Kassie, Cutter, and Cory, that I took all over the Phoenix Zoo. I got a walkie that I used to check in every 30 minutes. It was really fun.



.... Updated 02/14/2010, added link to Phoenix Pride http://phoenixpride.org/

No comments: